Sunday, January 22, 2006

Big party at the A's

Well mom and dad went to a big party last night. I wasn't invited so mom is going to tell you the story...
Scott and I attended a reunion for the 1989 World Series A's. It was really a lot of fun! We got to reconnect with lots of the old players and front office people from the days when my family owned the team. We got a great picture of me and Rickey Henderson who many of you know has been my favorite player since I was 8! Rickey was very sweet and even looked at my baby pictures. He said he really wishes he had had a boy to carry on his baseball tradition. Rickey still wants to play, of course, the guy looks like he could! Other players we saw and spoke to were Terry Steinbach, Carney Lansford, Renee Lacheman, Darren Lewis, Bruce Bochte, Dave Henderson and many others. Scott and I had a wonderful time and it was sort of Scott's grand debut into the A's family. Everyone is very excited to have Scott working at the A's and everyone wants me to bring the baby into the office as soon as possible. It was really funny how many people came up to me and said "I knew you when you were so small and look at you now!" We brought baby pictures along and everyone oohed and awed over what a cute baby Andy is. There were lots of new parent stories spinning around which was very entertaining and everyone said we looked great considering what phase of parenting we were in.
Andy was safely at home with nannie Ellie so Scott and I were able to really have a wonderful time and not worry.
Anyway, Andy is a very happy baby today which has been very nice for us. I guess he's getting a good vibe off us or something. He's really starting to play with his toys now and interact with the world around him which is great fun for us. He just has the most priceless expressions these days.
My week ahead is rather uneventful until we go down to Carmel on Saturday. We are all very excited about getting down there for a few days and introducing Andy to sea otters and the Carmel beach.
Friday Cal is throwing Scott a going away party so that should be grand fun. I'm looking forward to having my husband back to sane hours again! Thursday is Scott's last Cal Basketball game. It's sort of bittersweet when you consider all his hard work and now he gets to have the pleasure of handing it off to someone else. Scott is FINALLY going to live his dream of working for a baseball team and I am just THRILLED!
Anyway, I guess I'm being very chatty today. I should get going while Andy is still asleep. Have a great week all. You should be hearing from Andy again real soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home